Thursday, May 8, 2008

the week after the week we get back from vacation

I thought the week after vacation was supposed to be really challenging and sometimes it is. But this time, it is this week, the second week back. This is week is so much harder than last week was and I don't know why. Last week the kids were too tired to cause stress? This week they are too tired from coming back last week? Is it a full moon? Have I sprouted a second head? Do they know something I don't? Is the curriculum not engaging enough?

I guess if I knew then I would be able to fix it.

One of the kids who typically wheres a platinum halo told me today that I can kiss her ass. Yes she is four years old. No she did not learn it at school. Yes I sent a note home to her parents. But still, this honestly the first time she has acted like she has today.

The kids are really tired now that I think of it. Kids who never sleep have been sleeping straight through nap time. they are difficult to wake up and then unwilling to participate in small groups. some of the kids have been coming to the work table, putting their heads down during the introduction and dozing right off. Yeah the weather is nicer so maybe they have been outside more but that can't explain all of the tiredness ...

Anyway still no word about the nomination mentioned in the last post, stay tuned

No comments: