Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thankful for Thanksgiving rest

Here it is Thanksgiving weekend. I was really looking forward to this weekend and at first I thought that made me a bad teacher, looking for the extra days off. But then as I started talking to other school people, I found out that no, it doesnt make me a bad teacher, it in fact makes me a human teacher. I truly needed this break from my students.

Then I thought oh, wow, I will use my time wisely to organize my materials for the next few weeks. I spent some time in school on Wednesday cleaning, planning and organizing and can honestly say that I have done nothing school related except for a little online book shopping yesterday. It is Saturday night. There technically is still time but...

It sounds like I am slacker but I AM planned for Monday and half of Tuesday. Friday is our field trip which will be an all day affair. Even though I feel a slight twinge of guilt as I write this, I think that the break was greatly deserved and I will enjoy an evening of board games with my siblings and when I go to school on Monday, I will be refreshed, reenergized and ready to go!
That alone will make me a better teacher

No comments: