Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Rethinking a behavior plan

I know I need to change the behavior plan for one of my students, we will call her Bianca. the current plan is only in place during part of the day, the part of the day where she was originally having the most the trouble. Now, after a few months, Bianca seems to be doing an excellent job during that one part of the day, but her behavior is not so great during the rest of the day! The question is how do I transition from one plan to the next? And also, when considering Bianca's specific situation, how do I determine if the behavior is a result of her disability or if it is a result of the recent stressful and traumatic events in her life? Does the distinction matter? If it is coming from the traumatic events, should I be more lenient with her? Trying to sort all of this out is a challenge. The counselor told me that she does in fact have PTSD and here is a link to an article about that:
http://www.aacap.org/cs/root/facts_for_families/posttraumatic_stress_disorder_ptsd

ok well i just needed to try to sort some things out this morning before heading in. I will review this article and some others at a later time.

No comments: