Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The kids said:

Today, when we were talking about the election, one of the students referred to Barack Obama as "Rock yo mama".

At the end of the day lat week, as I was saying bye to the student, she said "Who is Bye?" I explained that goodbye is what people say when they leave each other ( and not to mention that I always make a point to emphasize greetings and farewells each day).

While playing in the kitchen area, another child said "I'm sick of you, get out of my house"

Finally, a former student of mine today ended the school day by telling me this fantastic story about a motorcycle, a chair and 3 eyed red monster. He was so animated while he was talking. I wished that I had brought out paper and pencil so I could jot down his story and so that he could illustrate what he was saying.

Just wanted to share some kid thoughts

No comments: