Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Big day

The director of early childhood for the entire district is coming. Tomorrow. To our school. To my classroom. This is the first time since I have had this position that he has come to my classroom. I am not priviledged enough to know the reason for his visit, so that gets my imagination spinning a bit. I am a little nervous and will spend some extra trime today tidying up at the end of the day. I will work to file some papers that I have been meaning to file for a while. I will double check my plan book to make sure that it accurately reflects what I plan to do tomorrow and Friday.

I cannot change my teaching, my routines or expectations because of his visist. Nor can I make more closet space magically appear. All I can do is give it my best. I can try to tell my jitters that thats all they are, jitters. I can lead morning meeting with evidence of organization and preparation. I can enusre that all students have a chance to participate, but I do this on a normal basis anyways. So I will do my best to deliver high quality instruction in a slightly cleaner classroom.

Like I said earlier, I don't know the reason for his visit. I also don't know the length of his visit in my classroom or if I will have a chance to talk with him after. Only time will tell, and jitters will pass.

Jitters will pass

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jitters mean that you truly care what you do and how your classroom works. That's a great thing. I hope the visit goes well!

Anonymous said...

Good luck chica! Keep me posted!