Sunday, January 4, 2009

Long Vacation

Tomorrow we go back to school after a longer than usual December break. Our longer than usual break was due to some significant snowfall in December. The time off was greatly needed, however there were some things at school that I intended to bring home with me to work on over the break. I thought that there would be no school Friday and assumed we would be in school on the following Monday and Tuesday. No big deal, I would just grab what I needed then. So I was able to do some work and some planning without the things I left at school but I still am not feeling as prepared as I would like to be. I am hoping to arrive even earlier than usual tomorrow and work really hard and be incredibly productive in the morning.

Tomorrow, I expect most of the students in my class to be tired. I hope that some of them remember the rules and routines of the school day. I am disappointed with myself for not bringing home the work I wanted to do over vacation. I am curious to hear about their adventures over vacation. I am doubtful that we will have adequate heat in our building at the start of the school day. I am hoping the staff welcome-back party goes smoothly and that people actually attend. I am eager to get back to class and looking forward to starting a new unit with the students.

No comments: